Official Competition Rules
The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any person from and nullify his/her result of the Event and further to forbid and prohibit such person from participating in future races, competitions and events organised by the Organiser including but not limited to future Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathons if a participant is found by the Organiser to have violated or committed (as the case may be) any of the following Official Rules:
- Entries, bibs, and timing chips are non-transferable. Violation will result in disqualification and no refund of entry fee will be entertained.
- The Hong Kong Association of Athletics Affiliates Limited (“the Organiser”) reserves the right to disqualify, exclude the relevant person from the race, and take disciplinary action against any applicants who have provided incorrect or untrue personal data/details on their entry form, or who have been banned from competing under the World Athletics (WA) jurisdiction, or who have been suspended due to taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be entertained under any such circumstances.
- Participants who are with an infant or a child aged under 16 or who do not wear the valid bib for the 25th Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon (“the Event”) are not allowed to enter the race course. Those who violate this rule will be asked to leave the course immediately.
- Participants will be disqualified if they do not start at the designated race category and start time assigned by the Organiser. No result and certificate will be issued to such participants.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport, e.g. wheelchair, bicycles, skates, trolleys, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, etc, are allowed on the course.
- Dangerous goods (i.e. offensive weapons, flammable, explosive agents or materials/objects which obstruct other participants, etc) are strictly prohibited. Those who violate this rule will be asked to leave the course immediately and such cases may be reported to the Law Enforcement Agency.
- Participants must not use any external auxiliary equipment in the race (except prosthetic limb(s)).
- Participants must retire and leave the race course immediately if requested to do so by any member of the race officials, medical staff, race director, referees or security staff.
- In accordance with the WA Competition Rule 6.3, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has proven to have received assistance during the race.
- Participants entitled or potentially entitled to award wishing to appeal their result must submit their appeal in writing to the Result Referee at the finish area, with a deposit of HKD800 or USD100 within 30 minutes after the official result announcement. The deposit will be forfeited if the appeal is not successful or is withdrawn. The Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal submitted after the deadline.
- For participants with no entitlement or potential entitlement to award, any disputes regarding their personal result must be submitted in writing within 7 days after the results are announced on the official Marathon website.
- The participant commits or attempts to commit any act which is in violation of the laws of HKSAR and the National Security Law governing HKSAR.
- The participant carries out or attempts to carry out any kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda at the Event or other venues or areas relating to the Event.
The Organiser has the sole and final right to decide and determine whether any of the above Rules has been breached, violated or performed. In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail.
Marathon Registration and Customer Service Office
(852) 2577 0800
General Inquiry : [email protected]
Registration and participant’s
Information entry : hkmaratho[email protected]