Expert: Dr. Gary Mak, Specialist in cardiology and President of the Hong Kong Association of Sports Medicine and Sports Science
- Running within your aerobic zone can protect your heart from excessive stress which might occur during high intensity exercise like marathon and long distance running.
- Exercise at below 80% of Maximum Heart Rate = Aerobic Zone
- Exercise at 80-90% of Maximum Heart Rate = Anaerobic Zone
- Maximum Heart Rate = 220 - age
- For safety sake, runners are recommended to use a Heart-Rate monitor during training and race and keep yourself running in a steady rate and within aerobic zone.